Podcasts are one of those things that I never really thought about for my kids, until a couple of months ago. But you know what? There are some really awesome podcasts out there just for kids! We’ve found news, science and exploration, book clubs, history, and of course some really awesome mindfulness podcasts. Some are led by grownups, and some are even by kids for kids! Here are 9 amazing mindfulness podcasts for you to check out in no particular order.
- Be Calm on Ahway Island
- Each episode of the podcast starts with a meditation and progresses into a comforting story. Your child will drift off to sleep while relaxing from their day to adventurous and imaginative stories. Children will learn how to regulate their emotions, how to calm themselves down, problem solving, cooperation, and mindfulness. Good for bedtime, naptime, or any time in between.
- Imagine Neighborhood
- Each story deals with the emotions and feelings that children have as they grow up. It helps grow children's social-emotional skills through mindfulness, emotional intelligence, and social skills. Children will learn how to deal with big problems in their lives as well as better communication, conflict resolution, emotional regulation, and empathy.
- Honeybee Kids: Calming Children
- This podcast takes well known children's characters from media like, Pokemon, Frozen, and Cars while introducing mindfulness practices in a fun way. Episodes include guided meditations, relaxing music, and stories that children will love.
- Like You: Mindfulness for Kids
- This podcast deals with everything from self awareness to calming fears. Using simple breathing techniques and encouragement, the visualization will lead children on a journey of self help in a safe and calming way.
- SLEEP MEDITATION with Lauren Ostrowski Fenton
- This is perfect for children to go through guided meditation that helps comfort and relax before sleep. It deals with topics ranging from managing anxiety to helping with acceptance all while helping children of all ages fall asleep fast.
- Soundwalks helps children calm down and relax while journeying through Australia. They use an immersive format that integrates natural sounds with a narrative. Each episode is a guided meditation with pleasing soundscapes.
- Bedtime Explorers
- Each episode uses a mindfulness coach to guide children through adventures where they will learn various meditation techniques. It helps children get to sleep peacefully through imagination and self-regulation. Get ready for a night of magical adventures.
- Peace Out
- This podcast helps calm and relax children through visualizations and breathing techniques. Children are taught how to be mindful and take charge of their emotions through stories. Episodes encourage children to be in the moment and be self aware, all while reducing anxiety, practicing kindness, and feeling safe.
- Dream Big
- Dream Big Podcast is a family-friendly podcast hosted by 2nd grader Eva Karpman inspiring kids (and adults) to dream big and take action with special guests who do what they love and live their dreams each and every day. The Dream Big Podcast’s short 15-20 minute format makes for the perfect length to listen to an episode in the car with your kids.
Looking for other mindfulness tools for kids? Check out our SUNCards! SUNCards™ are decks of cards that were developed by a 10 year old girl, and use evidence based strategies like cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness, positive psychology, and random acts of kindness to help kids manage their anxiety. They feature lovable monsters who share confidence building positive affirmations, and helpful tasks for redirection. Best of all, for every deck purchased another deck is donated to a nonprofit that serves kids.